Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

This new year, I spent ringing in while drawing. So I hope that is a good sign for 2010. No mystery that I've been frustrated by the lack of creative time since becoming a mother, but I'm hoping that soon once I kick the Christmas crud out of my system, I'll be burning the midnight oil on some more creative endeavors.

The easiest medium to clean up, pick up, and put down if need be, has been colored pencils. Although it lacks that velvet touch that I so love with oils, or the texture of watercolors, I'll just have to make due.

In this case, while rearranging the studio I found lots of things that grew legs over the years. The stack of unfinished art is still intimidating, but the oils will have to wait. I found this watercolor from 2003 that was yet unfinished, and decided to give it an upgrade with color pencils. Obviously it is far from finished, but hopefully I'll be able to put something out soon, and won't feel so frustrated by the lack of new art.

Among the great finds was the long lost sketch book with my Ik pics. I'm excited to be able to be able to finish those off. If you liked Snuzzles and Drat, then you will be pleased with these. They exude all manner of cuteness.

I am on a mission to finish all my old pieces before starting anything new, which is driving me nuts as I have one oil painting wanting to virtually explode out of me, but it will have to wait. Maybe it will just encourage me to work faster.

The other thing I found was a stack of discontinued prints, that I am matting for sale at the GA Renfest. The show schedule is a little up in the air, but I don't have to pass jury for Dragon Con after winning an award, and I am pretty well locked into GA Renfest from here till Doomsday.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hope to see lots of finished works from you this year - your pretty pics always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!