Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Carved in Stone

This past weekend, a fellow artist friend and I went shopping in Atlanta where we ended up at Pearl Art Store. I had seen this kit before and passed it by only for it to be out of stock the next time I came looking for this set. When I saw it again, I had to grab it.

I have sculpted before with clay and Sculpey, and even carved wood and plaster, but this is a brand new medium, one that I'm itching to try out. It comes with a mask though, so I'm thinking that this may not be baby safe, which will make this endeavor a bit more problematic.

Being a first time, this could result in epic failure, but hopefully not as bad as the trying to do body paint at 2 am at Dragon Con.

In addition to the starter kit, which I thought would be a great place to ... well ... start I also have two chunks of marble, so we shall see how it goes, and I will post the results success or fail.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this experiment in creativity will provide you with inspiration and a sculpture you can be proud of.

    Looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see the medium you can't master. I know you are going to carve something awesome and I am so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!