Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gratitude

I don't care that Thanksgiving is over. Daily gratitude is a good thing. I did it for a year and it made me think to post it every day. This little act brought a lot of positive, so gonna keep it up. In a world with monsters masquerading as men, it's good to remember there's light and love out there too. So today, I'm thankful for gratitude. It's something that is absent in entitlement, which the world has way too much of these days. If you have ever done something for someone and they forgot or just asked for more, then you know the value of gratitude and appreciation. It makes you want to do more when it's appreciated. It makes you grateful too for the people who helped you. It's that ray of light that tells you, humanity isn't lost yet. There are still people who aren't so self absorbed that they can still be grateful.

Yesterday someone thanked me for this blog.  She let me know that it actually helped her understand a difficult situation.  Nothing could have made me happier to hear. When you are in a bad situation, all too often the person causing harm is incapable of personal responsibility whether from lack of maturity, personality disorders, or just plain sick in the head.  This means that the victim is going to take the blame, and when you are the target of all that negativity, you begin to believe it. A lie told often enough becomes truth.  This is one of the reasons that these abusers often isolate their prey so they don't get that reality check to confirm what they know in their heart to be true. 

The fact that I could shed a little light for someone makes me very grateful. That was my fondest wish for this blog, to help others in similar situations.  At the time, I felt so alone, because so many were buying the crap my ex was peddling, and he could sell shoes to a snake.  So to know that this blog fulfilled its purpose...  If it helped a single person survive the madness and escape.  THAT is the best. That is what it's all about, and for that I am immensely thankful.  Here's to the survivors, you know who you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!