Friday, November 8, 2013

Still Buggering On

The world hasn't ended, so that's good.  Life has just been going on at it's normal pace.  Once or twice I've seen a few cars parked on our street that gave me a second glance, but more often I've seen tons more police cars in our area.

No more information has surfaced in regards to the monster, and the only sign of him has been an increase in nightmares about him.  Although in the daylight, life has been relatively normal, my subconscious is still waging a mental war.  I am not entirely sure how healthy it is to dream of stabbing the ex with a halberd, but it was satisfying, as was the one where I pulled a Hulk and flung him about like a doll, ultimately crushing him with a VW bug.  My subconscious apparently likes his presence about as much as my waking self, unfortunately it's not as easy to combat when awake.

At the end of the day I've got an enemy, and he's not alone.  There've been a couple people cut from the same cloth.  Really, having enemies is okay, because well, as Winston Churchill once said more eloquently, it just means I've stood up for something in my life.

This whole experience has made me far more likely to stand up for gun rights, and the more I read, the more firmly I am for them.  More and more events in the news only seem to highlight their value in the hands of good citizens.  It evens the playing field.

Even with my background in martial arts, I was taken by surprise and overpowered.  He ripped the phone from the walls, and calling for help became impossible.  Sneaky bastards don't play fair, and they are cowards looking for weakness and easy prey. Being armed makes you not easy prey and thusly less of a target.

When stricter gun laws were being passed, Kennesaw, Ga did the opposite and made it mandatory that every house own a gun.  The crime rate plummeted in response.  Interpol is apparently waking up after a recent tragedy to the realization that armed citizens can protect themselves. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/exclusive-westgate-interpol-chief-ponders-armed-citizenry/story?id=20637341&singlePage=true

I can only hope that the world is waking up.  Criminals don't respect gun laws.  It would just be nice if the government would stop treating its citizens like criminals or children.  When a man defending his home is accused of murder, I can't help but be angry.   http://misguidedchildren.com/justice/2013/11/maryland-man-shoots-home-intruder-charged-with-murder/6028

Life should never be taken lightly, but if I have to choose between protecting my family or letting them come to harm, you can be sure I will protect my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!