Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sculpting Experiment Continued

Saturday was my Sister in Law's birthday and Sunday was my Mother's. Needless to say, I didn't finish the sculpture in time, but Sunday I did get another 2 hours work done on it, and my mother revealed that it was for my SIL, who then became enthusiastic and my brother insisted that "I had found my medium" and "should do more of these". I have to say in the realm of not dealing with color it is kinda easier, although time consuming. Something about it is therapeutic though. It's very relaxing to sculpt, and Buddy Bear was such a good model on Sunday.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. Although I did bring my camera... I forgot the memory card. So there are also no pics of Morgan dressed as a butterfly on Halloween, albeit she was not very happy about it. I'm sure Halloween will be more fun for her next year :)

Well, I'm not done with the sculpture project yet and I have one more soapstone block, and alabaster block, and 2 pieces of marble left to sculpt. So far from finished! Also I have a big block of ... I think sandstone?

In the meantime, I have gotten an early Christmas of a Wacom board and am getting used to it. It's still making me want to get my fingers in the paint, but I'm quickly getting addicted to not having to a CLEAN medium. Now I just need some sort of tablet that I can paint on like a wacom board but some iPhone function so I can use my fingers to smudge the paint. Too bad I don't have millions of dollars to produce an art tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!