Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So...

Since my fiction writing partner... as opposed to a fictional writing partner, mine actually exists... is caught up in nanowrimo, I've been short on my writing goals as of late. I would nano... but I just don't have a novel idea at the moment. They seemed to have all been replaced with shorter essay type stuff and philosophizing, so that's what I'll do. As the art is not frequent enough to post, you'll have to endure some of this instead.

So what are these essays about? Well, I know a lot of guys, often geeks, who can't figure out why they don't get the right girls. They go so far as to think that they are "too smart" or that nice guys don't get girls. Well, one of the things that first has to be grasped is that the female of the species has many different motivations that are not simply emotional. It may seem that way, but there are often logical explanations. This series will be called "Ways to Ward off the One". Although aimed at educating males, it could probably work either way.

The other things that I was considering writing about was how the modern interpretations romanticize things like marriage, and this will be called "Romancing the Stone".

I understand if you are not interested, but it's been rattling in my brain wanting to get out, and what artist is not also in some way a philosopher and an observer of the world around them? So here goes... snuzz willing...

2 comments:

  1. Hey - you've got a blog, so why not use it to get off whatever is on your chest! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thus far, and still useful even for those of us not on the market for the one.

    (I'll avoid comment on the number of times I recycle a pair of jeans each week)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!