Monday, December 16, 2013

The 5 Biggest Pains of Carrying So Far

There are several inconveniences and awkward moments that come with your conceal carry permit, but here's the main ones that I've encountered.

People with their conceal carry are less likely to commit
murder than police officers.
1. Going to the Post Office 
Since I own my own business and often have to ship things, this is a frequent irritation.  You pull up to the Post Office and gather all your packages to ship. Then remember, crap I have to disarm.  So off comes the boot knife, and the gun gets left in the car.  It doesn't seem like much but when rushing around on errands theres, this hitch in progress.  However the more weird part is then rearming in the parking lot.  Lots of people get wide eyes as you have to then pull out your weapon to put it back in the holster.  However, with the crazy of my visit to the Post Office today, I can understand why they would want people unarmed. It's inefficiency is enough to make someone go postal.  Ah, the holidays.

2. Picking Up Your Kid from School
Once again we are entering government grounds.  Mind you that when my parents were kids, they had classes in shooting at schools, but now it's forbidden territory with all the school shootings... like a parent is going to open fire in a place that might harm their child... not likely.  Regardless, it's another place where you have to disarm, but some places get irritable even when it's left in the car of the parent.

3. Going to the Bathroom
I carry my wallet in my back pocket, which tends to fall out every time I disrobe to use the facilities. Luckily my crossbreed holster is pretty sturdy and it doesn't follow the wallet to the floor... that would suck.  But it does add an extra worry in the confined space of a public restroom.

4. Dressing Up
Not a big fan of dressing up in the first place, it adds another dimension to difficulty. My crossbreed holster is made to fit in pants, therefore as a woman, dressing up in a dress, makes this a rather difficult thing to maneuver. Perhaps a bra holster would be better for this.  It means that the gun goes into my purse, which is not nearly as accessible.

5. Going to the Movies
You think getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of a movie is awkward? I personally hate crawling over people, but then not only do you have your butt in a stranger's face, but your gun as well.  Cue weird responses and strange looks when you come back in from the bathroom... although sometimes the people are distinctly more polite. I guess it goes to show that an armed society is a polite society.

Although there are some inconveniences, it's been very much worth it, and not the big deal that people make it out to be. There's always the funny looks and guilt trips by others that you would dare carry a gun, but at the end of the day, mine and my family's safety are worth more than the weird looks of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!