Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 3: Soylent

Because my daughter so loves the boxes.
Yesterday was rough, however the culprit was not Soylent, but the remnants of the bug my daughter had last week hit me. Some extra sleep and I'm actually feeling okay today. This is something to note because I have always had a crazy immune system. My immune system attacked and killed my thyroid. If someone around me is sick for 3 days, I'll be sick for 3 weeks. I spent most of this past winter sick as a dog.  So the fact that I'm feeling pretty okay today is a bit miraculous. I'm tired still, but not the horrible that I had yesterday, including a notable absence of cough which I normally have even when "healthy".  Whether the credit goes to the Soylent or the extra sleep is debatable, but I'm glad to feel better today. This gives me hope that maybe some of my crazy allergies are food allergies and can be avoided. *crossing fingers*

One thing I have noticed is that I almost never dreamt about food, but now I am, which is rather amusing. Cue the cartoon Pinkie Pie drooling over a cupcake. Although the dream actually involved waffles so I guess the cartoon mascot should have been Donkey from Shrek. Apparently my subconscious misses the variety, but my waking self is satisfied and quite alright with the new diet. My wallet is quite happy about the change too! It sure has cut the budget on food down, and goodness knows in this economy that saving money is a must.

Yesterday was the first day I truly had nothing but Soylent, and I'm feeling content about it in general. I've noticed that the daily allotment is actually about 4 glasses a day instead of 3, but that works out okay, since I tend to get hungry around 3pm so it works out fine.

My husband took an extra thermos into work today to let some of his fellow code monkeys taste it. One of my friends said it tasted a bit like almond milk. In truth I could care less about the taste, since I try to drink it fast and move on. It's not something I would sit around and sip, although I've jokingly called it "Mudder's Milk" in reference to the Jayne's Town episode of Firefly. But I can't see it served at a bar.  Although it would be certainly nice for some restaurants to start carrying it. Talk about fast food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!