Thursday, October 24, 2013

KBO - Keep Buggering On

If you think that the danger is over because the first day of his release has passed, then you're dead wrong. The ex was released from prison yesterday and has 8 days to check in with his parole officer, if he's going to do it at all.

More so, this is a man who plots, plans, and bides his time.  He let the air out of my tires, unconnected things on my engine, and followed me everywhere, biding time for the next attack.  He snuck into my house and waited on me behind a door that was cracked open, so he could peer through the crack and jump me when I was busy and thought that I was alone.  I still hate half open doors.

The point is that the danger is not decreasing, but steadily increasing.  This is a man who lulls people into false senses of security. Certainly he is impulsive like any psychopath, but he's also devious, and that's something that takes time.  He's a patient wolf in a world full of sheep, who don't want to believe that wolves like him exist.

I've been feeling freaking narcoleptic. The stress is taking a toll on my body.  Every aspect of me is on high alert and that does not jive with being a mom.  I worry about my parents who still live in the same house, a house that he snuck into and into my room one night, without them ever knowing.

Still getting used to packing a loaded weapon with me most of the time.  It's very odd.  Perhaps when  my new holster shows up, it won't be so weird.  One of the good things about carrying though, is that I don't have to worry about Morgan getting ahold of a gun without us knowing.  Any weapon not carried is in a gun safe.  And really, Morgan does not play alone well, so we don't have to worry about her running off and doing things in general.  She's such a good kid.

The world doesn't stop for broken hearts, and it expects you to keep going too.  I'm very disappointed in the system in general right now.  I'm glad there's something, but when other people get up in arms about certain topics, I'm just left feeling cold and grumbling over the real dangers to society that are here and now.  This was supposed to be a "life" sentence, and that is a very deceptive nomenclature that makes people relax when they shouldn't.

This person is a psychopath.  Psychopaths are 80% more likely to repeat offend than any other criminals.  Add to that he's a violent sex offender, which are also far more likely to repeat offend.  It's a recipe for misery for somebody.  Even if it's not me and my family.  Even if he doesn't come seeking revenge, for holding him accountable, something he hated ... he is still a very real threat to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this blog. Your comment will have to be moderated. Content promoting outside content will be removed. Spam, personal attacks, stalker bait, etc will also be removed. All comments by real people referring to the blog itself in a civilized manner are welcome.

Have a good day!